Welcome to the NMC Student Center!
The NMC Student Center (Located in Building J) is home to our students, ASNMC Student Government, and our Office of Student Activities and Leadership (OSAL).
What is there to do at the NMC Student Center?
- Meet old and new friends.
- Play a game of pool.
- Improve your reflexes by playing a fast-paced game of ping pong.
- Check out Scrabble, chess, checkers, and dozens of other board games.
- Watch DVD movies in our theater room.
- Type out your research papers or browse the Internet on our computers.
- Sign up for special events, workshops, and tournaments.
- Play Midnight Club, NBA Live 2003, Madden 2004, and other awesome PS2 Games.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and Legal Holidays.
Top Ten Student Center Policies
- No Smoking and/or Chewing
Alcohol and Controlled Substances
- All Northern Marianas College facilities including Student Centers are smoke free and betelnut/tobacco chewing free.
- Pursuant to Public Law 16-46, smoking (and any other use of tobacco products of any type) anywhere on Northern Marianas College property is illegal.
- It is the policy of Northern Marianas College to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, and/or use of controlled substances or the unlawful possession, use or distribution of alcohol is prohibited on the NMC Student Center, workplace or as a part of any of the Colleges activities. Violations may result in disciplinary actions for both individuals and student groups and may be referred to the appropriate authorities for prosecution
Cleaning and Trash Removal
- Students, sponsoring organization/department or clients cannot serve alcohol on the Student Center Premises.
- The Northern Marianas College does not support the intoxication of students, sponsoring organization/department or clients on the Student Center premises.
Damage, Theft and Vandalism
- Students must clean after themselves. Office of Student Activities & Leadership is not responsible for cleaning student trash.
- At the conclusion of all events, it is the responsibility of student, sponsoring organization, department to thoroughly clean all rooms used including decorations, trash, food or other material used during the event.
- Sufficient time for cleanup would be planned in advance so that the next client scheduled in the spaced is not delayed.
- All rooms will be checked upon completion of event
- Clean up of special effect items (e.g. confetti, balloon drops) will be charged at the current rate for materials and hourly labor.
- The Sponsoring organization/department or student is responsible for the removal of bulk trash (e.g. boxes, crates, paint, packing materials, etc.) and other items not easily removed by a standard push broom or vacuum. Any cost incurred by the Student Centers for trash not removed will be charged at the current rate.
- Some events may require refundable cleaning deposits.
Gambling and Games of Chance
- Office of Student Activities and Leadership is not responsible for damage, theft or vandalism to the sponsoring organization/department or student personal items.
- The sponsoring organization/department or student is responsible for condition of the premises during the tenure of their reservation
- The sponsoring organization/department or student is granted the right to inspect the premises prior to the start time and conclusion of the event. Office of Student Activities and Leadership Staff will accompany all inspections.
- Repairs for damages will be charged to the sponsoring organization/department or client at the current rate. Some events may require a refundable damage deposit.
Hazardous Material and Equipment
- ZERO GAMBLING TOLERANCE IN STUDENT CENTER
Abandoned Property & Lost and Found
- The sponsoring organization/department or student shall not bring any exhibit, equipment, vehicle or other items on the premises of the Student Center potentially dangerous to persons and/or property or incompatible with the structure, systems or furnishings determined by the Office of Student Activities and Leadership staff and Northern Marianas College Policy.
- Any property not removed and/or claimed with in 48 hours following the conclusion of an event/meeting will be considered abandoned by the sponsoring organization/department or student, user, or its exhibitors. The Office of Student Activities and Leadership may take possession of said property and treat it as its own or dispose of such property without liability. The user shall be liable for the cost incurred in disposing of the abandoned property.
- Every attempt will be made to contact the owner of the property lost in the Student Center. After 120 days, the Office of Student Activities and Leadership reserve the right to dispose of such property
- All equipment (i.e. tables, chairs, stage, audio visual, game consoles, etc.) will be set up by staff. An Audio Visual tech (Media Services Staff) may be required to operate equipment
- The sponsoring organization/department or student will be responsible for all equipment (i.e. tables, chards stage, Audio Visual, television, game consoles, etc.) and will be held liable for the equipment if lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced.
- Northern Marianas College students, faculty, and staff are limited to one guest and are responsible for their behavior and actions.
NMC Student Center
670-234-5498 ext. 1251