Only a few days remain for full-time employees to submit an application for the newly created part-time student scholarship offered by the CNMI Scholarship Office. The scholarship is available to private and public sector employees who want to enroll as part-time students for the Northern Marianas College's Spring 2009 semester.
Scholarship applicants must follow the same requirements as the Educational Assistance Program (EAP) Rules and Regulations. Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2008 to the CNMI Scholarship Office. The funds will be available on a first-come, first served basis, which means that the first 312 applicants who submit completed application packets (class schedule may be submitted at a later date) and who meet statutory requirements will be awarded.
Part-time applicants must submit the following to the CNMI Scholarship Office:
- 2008-2009 application by December 15, 2008
- Most recent official transcript
- Copy of passport and/or birth certificate with valid picture ID
- Acceptance Letter
- Provide proof of CNMI Residency for 2006 and 2007
- Submit Employment Verification showing full time employment in public or private sector
- Must be enrolled for 6-11 credits and maintain the same number of credits
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale
Applicants have until February 28th, 2009 to submit supporting documents. But once again, it is on a first come first serve basis, so applicants are encouraged to complete their application packet as soon as possible.
Copies of the application form, the rules and regulations, and the memorandum of agreement can be downloaded by logging on to www.cnmischolarship.com, obtained from the CNMI Scholarship Office or can be downloaded from NMC’s website at www.nmcnet.edu. For more information and to learn about other applicable requirements, please contact the CNMI Scholarship Office at 664-4750.
For more information about NMC Degree and Certificate Programs, log on to www.nmcnet.edu.